KIIT-Technology Enabling Centre at KIIT University is established in September, 2019 with the support of Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Our mandate is to create an Ecosystem for technology development primarily in the state of Odisha by networking with researchers, institutes, national laboratories, and industry. The focus of KIIT-TEC is on identifying industry problem areas, providing an innovation ecosystem, IP protection, Prototype development, Technology transfer, Licensing and Commercialization support system.
Stimulating the growth and commercialization of R&D activities aimed at developing products & production processes with advanced technologies by strengthening the cooperation among public, university & industry.
- Mapping of technology/Innovation ecosystem in Universities and Research Institutes
- Facilitate and catalyze the promotion of technology-driven research initiatives through awareness and training programs in the Universities, Autonomous Institutions & Academic/Research Institutions, particularly in and around Odisha
- Stimulate entrepreneurial activities within the Universities, R&D laboratories & Academic Institutions through the TEC
- Develop and strengthen the Industry-Academia partnership for effective transfer of know-how from the Universities to the entrepreneurs and industry and enable novel product development.
- Promote area specific technologies for the industries by utilizing R&D capabilities of the host institutions in the region.
- Enable and empower academics, scientists including entrepreneurial students and start-ups on every aspect for successful technology development and commercialization including IP, regulatory/ethical compliances, business plan development, and planning, financial and legal issues as well as market understanding.
- Provide Intellectual Property protection and management services and facilitate the technology transfer and commercialization.
- Organize state-level networking platforms for an investor meeting, industry-research collaboration and knowledge seminars/accelerator programs.